The 2015 AMA Dirt Track Grand Championships will be held in DuQuoin, IL on July 6-10. This year's honoree will be the current AMA Pro Flat Track GNC1 champion, Jared Mees.
Pre-Registration is available, online, at the AMA website until midnight (CST) on June 28th.
Those competing for the Horizon Award will also need to fill out a Letter of Intent, also available to download from the AMA website.
If you will be competing for the Fast Brain Award, you can find details for submitting your information, here.
The itinerary for the week's program is as follows:
MONDAY (July 6)... MILE... Amateur classes, ONLY (including Vintage Hot Rod, but not Youth Classes). Check-in will be from 6:00 am-8:00 am at the White Building at the entrance to the 1 Mile Track.
TUESDAY (July 7)... HALF MILE... All classes. Check-in will be from 6:00 am-8:00 am at the TT/ ½ mile track in between the fairground billboards.
WEDNESDAY (July 8)... INDOOR ST... Youth classes, ONLY. Check-in will be from 8:00 am-10:00 am at the Southern Illinois Center-Short Track building.
THURSDAY (July 9)... TT... All classes. Check-in will be from 6:00 am-8:00 am at the TT/ ½ mile track in between the fairground billboards.
FRIDAY (July 10)... INDOOR ST... All classes. Check-in will be from 6:00 am-8:00 am at the Southern Illinois Center-Short Track building.
Post entry and pre-entry check-in will also be available on Sunday, July 5th, from 4 p.m. -8 p.m. in the White Building at the entrance to the 1 Mile Track.
Each class will cost $70 to enter, through pre-registration, or $80 to enter after the
deadline. Pit passes are available for all racers, on the pre-registration link, for $15/day or $50/week. Spectator passes are $15/day or $50/week (ages 13+) and $10/day or $25/week for Youth
Racer Pits open each day at 6 a.m. starting on Monday, July 6.
Wednesday, July 8, ONLY: Racer Pits will open at 8 a.m.
Daily Pit Passes are $15 per person for all racers and spectators ages 13 and up.
Daily Pit Passes are $10 per youth ages 4-12 (NON-RACER).
Ages 3 and under are free.
Full week Pit Pass packages can be purchased starting on Sunday, July 5, through Monday, July 6. The cost is $50 per person for all racers and spectators ages 13 and up. The cost for kids ages 4-12 (NON- RACERS) is $25 per person.
CLASSES • 50cc DTX Sr. (7-8) • 50cc DTX PW Shaft • 50cc DTX PW (4-8) • 65cc DTX (7-11) • 65cc Modified (7-11) • 85cc DTX (7-11) • 85cc DTX (12-15) • 85cc Modified (7-11) • 85cc Modified (12-15) • 250cc DTX • 250cc Modified • 201cc -250cc • 251cc-500cc DTX • 450cc Modified • 450cc Open Singles • 450cc Open Modified (Singles & Twins) • Veteran 30+ • Senior 40+ • Super Senior 50+ • Women’s (12+) 250cc-Open Singles
NON-CHAMPIONSHIP CLASSES Hot Rod Vintage Singles, Hot Rod Vintage Multi’s (see page 150 in the
2015 AMA Rulebook for details).
RACE SCHEDULE AND EVENT TIMES:
Mandatory Riders Meeting 7:20 a.m. daily (9:20 a.m. on Wednesday ONLY) located next to Racer Registration at each event
Practice will start promptly at 8 a.m. (10 a.m. on Wednesday ONLY)
Two Rotations are planned for each practice; however, weather and/or track conditions can cause delays.
Riders must have practice sticker on front number plate in order to practice.
Racing will start each day immediately after practice is complete .
Information regarding camping at the DuQuoin Fairgrounds can be found at the Fair's website.
Camping is available at the State Fair Grounds starting on Saturday, July 4, for the event. Reservations are not accepted, and sites are provided on a first come, first serve basis. However, it sounds as though there is PLENTY of room.
Camping fees: $20 per night/per unit
All motorhomes entering the campgrounds must use Gate #3 at Tracy Street.
All campers/trailers must be moved back to their camping area at the end of each race day.
Camping Accommodations: There are 1,000+ sites with water and electrical hook-ups. Unlimited primitive camp sites, two bath houses and a dump station.
NO swimming is available at the campground.
They do have a stocked fishing pond, so those of you who are holding a valid Illinois State fishing license can take some time off to drown a few worms, after the races.
Hotels in the area include:
1520 S Washington St, Du Quoin, IL 62832
1010 South Jefferson, Du Quoin, IL 62832
423 W Main St, Du Quoin, IL 62832
104 S Line St, Du Quoin, IL 62832
1266 S Washington St, Du Quoin, IL 62832
5700 IL-154, Pinckneyville, IL 62274
OTHER IMPORTANT NUMBERS:
Du Quoin Chamber of Commerce Information: www.duquoin.org (618)542-9570
Local Bank: Du Quoin State Bank - 15 E. Main St (618)542-2111
Hospital: Marshall Browning Hospital - 900 N. Washington St (618)542-2146
Ambulance Service: Action Sports EMS – On Site for Entire Event 24 hours (After Hours – (715) 889-4491)
Du Quoin Police: 304 E. Poplar St. (618)542-2131
Airport: Du Quoin/Pinckneyville Airport - 1352 St. Rt. 13/127, Pinckneyville IL 62274 (618)357-6666
2015 AMA Dirt Track Grand Championship Supplemental Regulations
1. In the case of conflicts between these rules and the 2015 AMA Racing Rulebook, these supplemental rules supersede the AMA Racing Rulebook.
2. AMA Pro Racing license holders must wait one full year after their pro license expires to be eligible for Amateur National competition. 3. If one or more main events cannot be run, results will be awarded based on heat and/or semi results
4. Limit of four classes per Amateur rider per meet. Limit of three classes per Youth rider per meet.
5. Knobby tires will not be permitted.
6. The use of a maximum 17-inch rear wheel for all 85cc classes in dirt track, TT scrambles and any 85cc DTX class is permitted.
7. AMA Dirt Track Grand Championships:
a. The points scale shown below will be used
b. Riders who are disqualified from a main event will not receive points.
c. Ties in the final standings will be broken for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places only. The first tiebreaker is the better finish in the final main event in the class; the second tiebreaker is the better finish in the next to last main event in the class, etc. If the main events are run in an order different than originally scheduled, e.g. because of a rain delay, the actual order in which the races took place will apply.
8. The machine that the rider brings to the starting line for his/her first heat is considered the qualified machine for that day’s meet.
9. Per the 2015 AMA Racing Rulebook, sound test procedures will be in place for the 2015 AMA Dirt Track Grand Championship. Excessively loud motorcycles may be selected for additional testing. Penalties may or may not be assessed based on the extent of any measured infraction. It is understood that compliance with this rule is not a simple process for the dirt track community. In many cases, stock frames are not used and exhaust systems require fabrication.
10. AMA one event passes will be available for support classes only. Participants must have a valid Competition Plus, Competition Standard, or Youth membership to race in any of the AMA National Championship classes
11. All riders that qualify for a main event must report to the starting line, with their motorcycle and in full riding apparel & ready to race to receive main event championship points. If the participant is unable to start the event after reporting to the line, they will receive points based on the number of participants in the event. Example: 8 rider main event: rider unable to participate will receive 8th place finishing points. If more than one rider is unable to start, their points will be based on the main event qualifying position.
AWARDS: AMA Event Winner Award & AMA National Champion #1 Plate: AMA Event Winner Award will be presented to each class winner for each discipline (Short Track, TT, Half Mile, and Mile). AMA National Champion #1 plate will be awarded and presented at the end of the week to each class overall points winner. If one or more meets are cancelled, the AMA National Champion #1 plate will be based on meets completed throughout the week.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: Any meet not run due to weather, or any other delay, may be run that day, (excluding the Mile). The AMA reserves the right to change schedules and venues as necessary. If a meet is cancelled, it may be necessary to replace the discipline specific meet (i.e. Short Track) with another discipline specific meet, (i.e. Half Mile).
Amateur Classes #1 - 50cc DTX Sr. (7-8) #2 - 50cc DTX PW Shaft (4-8) #3 - 50cc DTX PW (4-8) #4 - 65cc DTX (7-11)
#5 - 65cc Modified (7-11) #6 - 85cc DTX (7-11) #7 - 85cc DTX (12-15) #8 - 85cc Modified (7-11)
#9 - 85cc Modified (12-15) #10 - 250cc DTX #11 - 250cc Modified #12 - 201cc-250cc
#13 - 251cc-500cc DTX #14 - 450cc Modified #15 - 450cc Open Singles #16 - 450cc Open Modified (Singles & Twins)
#17 - Veteran 30+ #18 - Senior 40+ #19 - Super Senior 50+ #20 - Women’s (12+) 250cc-Open Singles
National Championship Points will be awarded as follows: